Full course description
Pre-requisite: You must have completed both Conversation Bootcamps to be eligible for the Trainer Certification.
Note: It is highly likely this training will go virtual, in which case sessions will be held online from 11-5pm.
Communication remains one of the top issues for employees in most organizations.
Conversations Worth Having (CWH) certification gives you the ability to positively affect people's lives by significantly improving communication within organizations. As a CWH trainer, you will have the tools and skills to offer both virtual and on-site Conversation Bootcamp trainings. The certification program is designed to ensure that as a trainer, you will be confident and effective. Trainers must complete the 2-day Conversation Bootcamp on Conversations Worth Having and Strategic Conversations prior to attending the 2.5-day CWH training for trainers. This certification is an intensive, experiential learning opportunity that combines the theory, practice, and research of Appreciative Inquiry, positive psychology, and neuroscience to support the kind of communication that fuels productivity and meaningful engagement anytime, anywhere, and in any situation. Certification requires successful completion of the 2.5-day CWH training for trainers' program, an online final evaluation process, delivery of bootcamp trainings, and acceptance of a professional project.
- Develop practical instructional design skills and confidence plus the critical skills to facilitate learning and ensure retention.
- Use the Training Guidebook, card deck, and other materials to enhance the learning experience for participants.
- Become effective at using case studies, activities, exercises, videos, and slides to support participant learning.
- Deliver portions of the training with coaching and feedback.
- Develop skills at having conversations that help yourself and others thrive and create environments that impact well-being.
- Become skilled at turning conflict and problems into conversations worth having.
Certified trainers will have everything they need to begin to implement Conversation Bootcamps and teach Conversations Worth Having. Trainers may list their profile on the Conversations Worth Having Training website. They will also have on-line access to the latest training materials. These materials include:
- Trainer's Guidebook
- Training PowerPoint slides and outline
- Participant Workbook/Journal
- Deck of generative question cards
- Case studies, stories, and activities
- Marketing materials
- Ability to co-brand materials
Who will benefit from becoming a certified Conversations Worth Having Trainer?
Our goal is to certify practitioners, trainers, and leaders driving positive change within organizations and communities, with teams, and with individuals. This includes:
- Managers and leaders
- Training and development practitioners
- Human resource professionals
- Organization development professionals
- Talent management practitioners
- Internal and external consultants
- Teachers, school counselors, and principals
Two and half day in-person training includes one year of on-line access to the latest training materials, Trainer Workbook, listing on our website, quarterly CWH trainer calls, lunches and coffee breaks during the training, plus one hour of free coaching following the training. Additional coaching is available at $150/hour. Travel expenses are not included. Pre-requisite: You must have completed both Conversation Bootcamps to be eligible for the Trainer Certification.
Questions? Contact the Cooperrider Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.